Note: For a formal copy of my CV, please drop me an email at [email protected].
September 2018 – Present – Technical Apprentice – Santander UK
- Agile Delivery Manager (6 months)
- End User Computing Engineer (6 months)
- Project Manager (18 months)
- Process Simplification
- Project Management inc. Financial Reporting, KPI Definition.
- Data Analysis inc. PowerQuery, PowerAutomate and Python3.
- User Requirement Management
- Agile Deployment and Development
I currently work as a Technical Apprentice for Santander UK specialising in technology programme delivery and have developed a wide range of project and programme delivery/management skills. Working in several different areas of the business, I have been in a privileged position to grasp both the technical and commercial sides of project delivery and the differing needs of various internal and external stakeholders on high-profile projects. My programme is set to run until March 2022.
2015 – Present – Independent Consultant – Ajay.org.uk (formerly furbNET)
I support several charities with their technology strategy, support and maintenance in order to allow them to best help their customers. I have experience dealing with the specific challenges that come from not-for-profit organisations and I have developed experience in sourcing and procuring charitable donations/licencing for products such as Office365 on behalf of the charities I have worked with.
- Cloud Collaboration (Office365 & G-Suite/Google Workspace)
- Security Policy & Governance
- Domain Management
If you are a charity who I currently work with, or you wish to work with me, please contact [email protected] for the quickest response!
2015 – Hewlett Packard Inc
- Gained experience in Web Development, Reddis Databases, Virtual Machine Management (HP Hellion Public Cloud) and Windows in enterprise environments.
- Spent time with the networking department learning about their international network structure and technologies used.
The Ridings’ Arts Centre (2012-2016)
- Obtained Knowledge and experience of Industry-Class Lighting and Sound Consoles.
- Roles including Stage Management, Lighting Operator, Sound Operator and Front of House Manager.
- Assisted Drama, Music and Arts department in the planning and operation of music performances, theatre productions and gallery events.
- Used knowledge and skills teach new members.
2020 – Present – BSc. (Hons) Digital Technology Solutions with a specialism in Cyber Security
Nottingham Trent University
- Reflective Practise 2 (1st)
- Network Design and Administration (1st)
- Distributed Network Architectures and Operating Systems (1st)
- Reflective Practise 3 (1st)
- Communications Technology (1st)
- Cyber Security (1st)
- Digital Investigations
- Project Techniques 3
2018 – 2020 – BSc. (Hons) Digital Technology Solutions
- Business and Information Systems (1st)
- Maths For Computing (1st)
- Professional Practise 1 (2:1)
- Introduction to Programming (1st)
- Information Security Foundations (2:1)
- Project Management Fundamentals (1st)
- Marketing Principles (1st)
- Network Fundamentals (1st)
2016 – 2018 – A-Levels
Winterbourne Academy (Formerly The Ridings’ Federation Winterbourne International Academy)
- Extended Project Qualification – “Has technology designed to make civilian aviation safer, actually contributed towards accidents?” – A
- Maths – D
- Biology – D
- Physics – D
2011 – 2016 – GCSEs
The Ridings’ Federation Winterbourne International Academy
- Maths (B)
- English Literature (A)
- English Language (A)
- Religious Studies (B)
- History – Modern World (B)
- Spanish (B)
- Computing (A)
- Core Science (A)
- Additional Science (A)
- Media Studies (A)
Personal Skills and Hobbies
I have been building complex systems and services since my early teens which has allowed me to develop my skills and knowladge on a number of different technologies including:
- Linux / Bash Scripting
- Active Directory
- M365 inc Azure Active Directory, Security and Compliance, Azure Information Protection.
- GitLab & GitHub
- Zimbra Collaboration Server
- Atlassian Server Suite (Jira, Confluence, Crowd)
My key interest is in system integration and automation, and many of my projects are available on my GitLab and GitHub. These range from audit clients using external APIs to specialist connectors to update both G-Suite and Microsoft 365 simultaneously. I am a keen believer in Open Source and regularly release my scripts and apps in the public domain and hope that they can be useful resources to others.
I also have some experience with Python and Java although I tend to find myself in non-development roles.
In my free time, I enjoy walking around my home-county of South Gloucestershire, my cat and spending time with my partner. I am also a plane nerd and enjoy plane spotting. I wrote my Extended Project Qualification in 2018 with a title of “Has technology designed to make civilian aviation safer, actually contributed towards accidents?” which ties my passion of aviation back to a focus on technical automation and its impacts on human factors.
You can also read my personal statement from 2017 here!